To know more
There are a lot of features that TringMe provides. Head over here to see how it all works.
It's easy to do that with TringMe API. Visit our developers page to learn more
Download latest version of the application at http://bb.tringme.com
Please select a problem type for us to better assist youBack to Support
- How to make and receive free calls?To make and receive free calls, install TringMe on your phone. If you have WiFi/3G connectivity on your device, you should see a green bar on the top of the TringMe application indicating it is connected and ready. Red bar on the top indicates that the application is offline and cannot make or receive calls.
You do not need any credits to make a free call. You will need credits only if you are dialing someone who is not using TringMe. TringMe application will indicate whether it's a free or paid call.
- How do I make sure that I am not charged for FREE WiFi/3G calls?TringMe will always prompt before making paid to ensure that you are never charged unless you choose to make paid call.
- How do I know whether the WiFi/3G call is a free call or a paid call?During the call setup, you will see a paid call or free call indication on the screen.
- My mobile screen shows a 3G network, but I still cannot make a call using TringMe, what is the reason?If your phone shows a 3G network, but still the red bar has not turned green, then you need to check the following.
* Is your Blackberry a 3G-capable device?
* Does your service provider provide 3G data plans for Blackberry phones?
* Do you have a 3G data plan subscription from your service provider?
If your answer is yes to all the above questions, then can you please share with us some details of the 3G data plans offered by your service provider so that we can further investigate this issue and get to the root of the problem to find a solution.
- When I try to call out from Blackberry I get error "Failed-DEVRESTRE E001". What does that mean?Change the High Quality mode setting in the Options screen of the TringMe application, retry WiFi call, and let us know if you are still facing the issue. If so, do include your device model, OS version, carrier details so that we can investigate. Submit ticket here. Also, note that we have reports of issues wherein some operators (especially CDMA) may have disabled some device features which is resulting in this error. We are working on fixes and workaround for this and will keep you updated.
- When I try to call out from Blackberry I get error "Failed-DEVRESTRE E012". What does that mean?Are you on a CDMA network? We have reports of issues wherein some operators (especially CDMA) may have disabled some device features which is resulting in this error. We are working on fixes and workaround for this and will keep you updated.
- I am not able to set my phone number, what can I do?To set your phone number, you should be able to send and receive local SMS. We will be unable to set your number if you do not have a valid working SIM card with balance in it to send SMS.
- Problems in dialing a number ?Ensure that you dial fully prefixed number. i.e. even to dial in South Africa, it should be +27xxxxx. Give it a try and let us know if you are having problems. TringMe's application automatically prefixes the country code where required, but you can try the suggestion above and let us know if problem persists.
- There is one way call connectivity. i.e. Either only I am hearing the voice or the other party, but not both. What can I do?We are having one way connectivity issues in 9520, 9550 & 9650 devices. This issue is very specific to these devices and we are investigating the issue and this information will be updated as soon as we have fixes. If you are facing this issue on any other device, please send us more information about it by submitting the form below.
- How does Callback call work?In a callback based call, the system has to schedule 2 call-legs (one call-leg is from the system to your callback number and the other call-leg is from system to the destination party). Please make sure that the callback number you have specified in the Options screen is correct for you to receive the callback call.
- What are the charges if I use callback?In case of callback, since TringMe has to schedule 2 call-legs (one call-leg is from the system to you and the other call-leg is from system to the destination party), both the call-legs are charged.
- Where can I download the TringMe Blackberry application?
- In UAE and other Middle-east countries, how can I download your application?Application can be downloaded from http://tmmv.info
- What are the charges for using this application?The application is available to download for FREE. Infact, FREE worldwide calls between TringMe MobileVoIP client users can be made.
- How can I check the call rates for making paid calls?For paid calls, rates can be checked directly from the application by clicking on "Check Rates".
- Whenever I try to place a WiFi call, my phone reboots. What can I do?Disable the High Quality mode in the Options screen of the TringMe application. Retry WiFi call and let us know if you are still facing problems . If so, do include your device model, OS version, carrier/cellular-provider details and submit a ticket here for us to investigate further.