To know more
There are a lot of features that TringMe provides. Head over here to see how it all works.
It's easy to do that with TringMe API. Visit our developers page to learn more
Please select a problem type for us to better assist youBack to Support
- What is TringMe for BlackBerry?TringMe allows you to make cheap worldwide calls, send SMS and do single click conferencing from your BlackBerry phone.
Whenever you dial an international number, you will be prompted if you want to make the call with TringMe. If you chose TringMe, we will route your calls over the Internet. TringMe offers most competitive rates in the Industry.
- What is your revolutionary 'direct Call over WiFi'?Unlike any other VoIP application on Blackberry which routes your call over your mobile operator, TringMe's 'direct Call over WiFi' allows to call (worldwide) directly over any WiFi zone saving you from expensive mobile minutes. TringMe is the first application in the world to make this possible on Blackberry.
- Can I still use it even if I do not have WiFi?Yes, absolutely! We will route your call using either a local access number* in your country or, if local access number is not available for your country, we will call you back on your number* and connect you to your destination. [*number provided by you]
- Do I need Internet browsing plan (BIS) to use TringMe?Absolutely not, this is another unique feature of TringMe and unlike other applications, TringMe does not require BIS plan for most of its functionalities. It will use your email plan in case BIS is not available.
- How do I conference with TringMe?Easy, just select all the contacts to be invited for conference and click on the call button. All the selected contacts will then be conferenced
- Can I make free calls to another TringMe user?Absolutely, if both of you are in a WiFi/3G zone and online, you can talk for FREE over WiFi/3G. Also, both users must be running the latest TringMe version for FREE calling.
- Can I use my phone number as the callerID when calling via TringMe?Yes, just verify your number with us and we will use your existing number as the Caller ID (customized TringMe number). Verification is quick, just go to Options and click the "Change" button in "Your TringMe Number(s)" section and follow the instructions.
- Wow! This is fantastic. However, what if I need to disable this application for some reason?Just exit the application. Thereafter no calls or SMS will be intercepted thereby disabling the application functionality.
- Can I use my own SIP provider with BlackBerry?Yes, you can do so very well. Once you configure SIP Settings, all SIP calls will be free for the first 1 minute.
- What are the charges if I use callback?In case of Callback, since the system has to schedule 2 call-legs (one call-leg is from the system to you and the other call-leg is from the system to the destination party), both the call-legs will be charged.
- It's been a day since I paid and I still don't see the credits. What can I do?If you have paid via PayPal, then please ensure that the verification email sent to your PayPal email address hasn't been filtered to your SPAM folder.
If you haven't yet followed the steps to verify the transaction, please do so now and the credits will appear thereafter.
If the issue still persists, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How can I call my friends FREE who don't have TringMe app?
- What is my TringMe phone number?Your TringMe phone number starts with 876xxxxxxx and can be viewed in the Options screen under "Your TringMe Number(s)" section.
- What is TringPhone?TringPhone is a fully web-based SIP phone which you can use to make worldwide calls from your PC for FREE!! Unlike other voice/VoIP or services, you don’t have to worry about any special settings: SIP settings, NAT traversal, unblocking firewall ports etc. Just login, dial the digits, and enjoy quality phone service.
- What can I do with it?In the simplest terms, you can make worldwide calls from the browser – nothing to download or install. Calls can be made via phone numbers, email addresses, or SIP URIs. Isn’t that cool?
- Can I call for FREE?Calls to any TringMe user is free – you just need to use their email address or phone number. Calls to GTalk users is free as well. Calls to over 60 million other VoIP users is also free (just enter their VoIP address or SIP URI). If you make a call to a phone number, low rates as applicable for the call are deducted from your credits. We have to charge for this since the call is terminating on a carrier’s network and we have to pay them interconnection charges.
- How can I call other TringMe users?Whether you want to reach a TringMe user on his/her phone-number, Gtalk (Instant Messenger), or a SIP URI (e.g. email@example.com), TringPhone supports it all.
- Do I need to install TringPhone?No, in fact, that’s the beauty of it. All you need to do is use your flash-enabled Browser (Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc) to access TringPhone and call anyone anywhere in the world. Whether you are calling from home, office, or a cyber-café in Timbuktu, it’s all the same.
- My company has a firewall that blocks PC based phones. Will TringPhone still work?Yes, that's one of the unique benefits of TringMe. To put it simply, if you can browse the web from your PC, you will be able to use TringPhone. Go ahead, try it out.
- Can I use TringPhone with my own SIP provider?Although our worldwide phone-calling rates are extremely competitive, you can configure TringPhone to use your own VoIP provider if you prefer in one simple step. Configure SIP Settings. All SIP calls are free for the first 1 minute.
- TringPhone isn’t connecting for me anymore. What could be wrong?Check your credit balance in case you are making calls to a phone number. If the credit balance is insufficient, then that could possibly be the problem. If you are making a FREE call, then please check your microphone and speakers. TringMe's intelligent algorithm waits for the microphone to detect some sound before placing a call to ensure that no unnecessary calls are placed.
- As soon as I place a call, I hear “Good bye”. What is the issue?This usually happens if the credit balance isn’t sufficient to make the call to your desired number. Please check the credit balance and ensure minimum credit for a call to go through successfully.
- Why does TringPhone ask for microphone access permission?TringPhone needs to access the microphone available on your computer. Privacy settings let you specify whether you want TringMe to have such access. Please select "Allow" option so that TringPhone can use your computer's microphone.
- Can TringPhone remember my microphone access permission?Certainly! It's very simple. Just right click on TringPhone, click on Settings menu item. In the Settings dialog, please select the "Allow" button and check the "Remember" box.
- How can I change my microphone device and volume?Usually you do not have to change the microphone device or volume as it will be selected automatically by the TringPhone. In case you like to change, just right click on TringPhone and click on Settings menu item. Now select Microphone icon from the tabs in the bottom and select appropriate device. To change the volume, slide the slider to the desired volume setting.
- Does TringPhone have echo–canceller?Yes, an echo-canceller is built into TringPhone.
- What IMs are supported by TringMe?Although we support several IMs, at this point we have released support for Google Talk commercially. We will be releasing support for other IMs very soon!
- Do I need to install IM Telephony?Use Gtalk as-is. There is nothing to download or install. With this, the simplicity of using Gtalk is enhanced with the power of making and receiving calls or sending and receiving messages.
- What can I do with IM Telephony?Use the same IM and continue to use it the same way! Making a call is as simple as sending a message. Just leverage the convenience of sending a message to do telephony and SMS. Making a worldwide call from Gtalk is not only simple but FREE too!
- What happens if I am not online? Can I still receive a call?You will never lose your voicemail. In case you are not available online, TringMe delivers the instruction to retrieve the voicemail to your email address. Your voicemail will be available to you for 48 hours after receiving the call.
- Can I send SMS using IM?Yes, most certainly. Sending a free SMS worldwide is as simple as typing a message in your IM.
- Why do I hear “Goodbye” as soon as I request TringMe to place a call?This usually happens if the credit balance isn’t sufficient to make the call to your desired number. Please check the credit balance and ensure minimum credit for a call to go through successfully.
- What will you charge me to use this service?If you make a call to an email address, the call is FREE. If you make a call via a SIP URI, the FREE call is terminated after 1 minute. If you make a call to a phone number, low rates as applicable for the call are deducted from your credits. We have to charge for this since the call is terminating on a carrier’s network and we have to pay them interconnection charges.
- How is it different from making regular calls via my mobile device?Calls and messaging can happen over WiFi, and hence, don’t require any SIM or contracts with any carrier. Even with no cellular connectivity, telephony and messaging works! TringMe's MobileVoIP client uses the "data network" to make and receive calls instead of the regular cellular network wherein, usually, one has to pay per minute charges. Data networks include WiFi, 2.5G/3G, GPRS cellular data networks. Imagine a way to make free worldwide calls over your office’s WiFi network or over a WiFi hotspot.
- What are the charges for using this application?The application is available to download for FREE. In fact, you can make FREE worldwide calls amongst TringMe MobileVoIP client users.
- Who all can I call from it?You can call anyone in the world that has a phone number. For folks who are TringMe users, you can also call them using their email address. SIP URIs are supported as well.
- Can I make calls for FREE?Yes, you can. Calls between TringMe's MobileVoIP users are free even if the connected parties are halfway across the world from each other.
- How do I use it?Download the client, login with the same TringMe credentials, select a network and you are done. Enjoy Mobile VoIP calls (sometimes also referred to as “Internet calls”) anywhere in the world.
- For making calls to worldwide phone numbers, what do I pay?If you are making a call to a phone number, you pay the same low rate regardless of where you are calling from.
- If I use TringMe while I'm traveling, do I need to pay any roaming charges?With TringMe, pay the same for your mobile calls anywhere in the world.
- Is MobileVoIP supported on Windows Mobile or Apple IPhone?We will release support for Windows Mobile and Apple IPhone very soon.
- What is Click2Call?It's a simple way to activate a call from the web portal but use a phone to carry out the conversation. It doesn't matter what phone you have - a landline or the lowest end mobile device to use this service.
- Do I need to be online to receive calls or voicemails?Click2Call is different from Push-N-Talk which allows one to actually initiate a call from the web portal directly. You need to use the PC’s microphone and speaker to carry out a conversation. Whereas, in Click2Call, you use the web portal to activate a call by specifying the source and destination number. The system then calls you back on the number you specified and connects you to the destination party. As you can see, the call in this case is happening over a phone and not a PC.
- What is the difference between Click2Call and Push-N-Talk? Do I need to be online to receive calls or voicemails?Click2Call is different from Push-N-Talk. Push-N-Talk allows one to actually initiate a call from the web portal directly. You need to use the PC’s microphone and speaker to carry out a conversation. Whereas, in Click2Call you use the web portal to activate a call by specifying the source and destination number. The system then calls you back on the number you specified and connects you to the destination party. As you can see, the call in this case is happening over a phone and not a PC. Hence, you do not need to be online to receive calls or voicemails.
- What are the charges if I use Click2Call?In case of Click2Call, since the system has to schedule 2 call-legs (one call-leg is from the system to the initiator and the other call-leg is from system to the destination party), both the call-legs are charged.
If the destination call does not go through, you will be charged only for the first call-leg. This is common across all Click2Call services and due to the inherent nature of it. We strongly recommend that you use our TringPhone, Gtalk or MobileVoIP based calling which does not have this additional charge.
Also, please note that you can specify an email address, a SIP URI, etc. as the destination party & hence that call-leg can be completely FREE. So, effectively with TringMe’s novel way to connect various device types, the overall charges for this type can be very competitive.
- What is Enhanced Click2Call?Enhanced Click2Call is TringMe’s patent-pending technique to provide the same functionality as Click2Call with just one call-leg. We provide this service to enterprises and partners. If you are interested, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What are Push-n-Talk widgets?Push-N-Talk widgets are the simplest way to stay "voice reachable from the web". Just think of them as fancy buttons which can be integrated with any website. Anyone clicking on the button (or the so called Widget) can easily leave a voicemail or talk to you directly. It’s very simple. All that the website visitor needs to do is “Push” the button and “Talk” and hence Push-N-Talk.
- How do TringMe's Push-n-Talk widgets work ?It's very simple. With just a few lines of HTML code, you could integrate the widgets with your public page or any website (blog, social networks, portals etc.) and visitors can call you or leave a voicemail to you.
You can control the device to which the call or voicemails are routed by making the appropriate selection in the “Select your reachability” setting in your dashboard. For example, if you are using TringMe voicemail widget and you have routed the voicemails to a phone (landline or cellular), you will receive a call from TringMe as soon as someone leaves a voicemail for you. If you have configured the profile setting to send the voicemails to Gtalk, then a call from TringMe will be made to your Gtalk IM. In both cases, when the connection is established, the voicemail is played back to you. So in essence, you can easily control which device you want the voicemail notifications to be routed by making appropriate selection in your profile page. You will also get an e-mail notification of your voicemails. Your voicemails will also be available on the TringMe website for playing back.
- Is it really FREE?Yes, it is. The ability to use or publish widgets is FREE. Unless you route your calls to a phone number, you aren’t paying anything. If you are routing calls to a phone number, since the call is routed over a carrier’s network, we have to pay them interconnection charges and hence we have to charge you minimal rates to route the call over to your phone.
- What does a person need to dial to call me or leave a voicemail for me?All they need to know is your TringMe Push-N-Talk widget and nothing else. And yet, you can receive voicemails or phone-calls wherever you are in the world.
- Do they need to know my phone number or Gtalk ID?Absolutely not. You don’t have to share any phone numbers or disclose any IDs - Just Push & Talk.
- Do my friends or I need to download any software?Not at all. TringMe is a web-based telephony service which can be used with any of your existing flash-enabled browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera etc.). Just push a widget/button and get voice connected.
- Do my friends who want to reach me via TringMe need a TringMe account?No, your friends do not need a TringMe account. They merely need to click on your TringMe widget when they want to reach you.
- Why does the TringMe widget ask for microphone access permission?TringMe widget needs to access the microphone available on your computer. Privacy settings let you specify whether you want TringMe to have such access. Please select "Allow" option so that your TringMe can use your computer's microphone.
- Can TringMe remember my microphone access permission?Certainly! It's very simple. Just right click on the TringMe widget, click on Settings menu item. In the Settings dialog, please select the "Allow" button and check the "Remember" box.
- How can I change my microphone device and volume?Usually you do not require to change the microphone device or volume as it will be selected automatically by the TringMe widget. In case you like to change, just right click on the TringMe widget and click on Settings menu item. Now select Microphone icon from the tabs in the bottom and select appropriate device. To change the volume, slide the slider to the desired volume setting.
- Do Push-N-Talk widgets have echo–cancellation capabilities?Yes, echo cancellation is built into the TringMe widgets.
- Why does my phone widget say, “no route exists to the dialed destination”?You have not configured where to forward your calls. Please select the appropriate destination in “Select your reachability” setting from the “My Account” page. It could be a Mobile phone, Landline, Instant Messenger, VoIP device, Browser etc. You can also choose to receive voicemail notifications via email.
- Can I have my own custom widget?Yes, you can. Just show-off your widgets – display your company’s logo, your cool looks or whatever you can think of to match your personality. It can be done in a breeze. You can change the background image of the widgets from your “My Account” page.